Bethlehem Youth Programs
Bethlehem is part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The ELCA notes that “worship is the foundation of faith for everything we do. For Lutherans, worship is an ever-changing and ever-growing experience. Connected with and central to everything we do, worship unites us in celebration, engages us in thoughtful dialogue and helps us grow in faith. It grounds us in our Christian and Lutheran roots, while demonstrating practical relevance for today’s world.” We have many opportunities for faith formation at Bethlehem and we invite you and your family to be a part of this Sabbath blessing.
Worship - 9:00 AM
- Children's sermons provided EVERY Sunday with age appropriate reflection of readings of the day.
- Nursery is available during Worship and Sunday School.
Sunday School - 10:30 AM - Classes for ALL ages
Look on the doorframe in many a family home and you will find a series of short lines with a name and a date scribbled in pencil. The lines mark a child’s height as they pass a significant milestone of development. As part of our family journey at Bethlehem, we want to recognize the milestones of every child’s development in their faith formation. Our belief is that every milestone presents an opportunity to connect faith to life. Whether it is a birthday card or a blessing of book-bags on the first week of school, we want to celebrate God’s work in every child’s development. We recognize and celebrate many milestones, including Baptism, First Communion, Bible Presentations (Kindergarten, 3rd grade, and 7th grade), Affirmation of Baptism (Confirmation), and High School Graduation
A major portion of our Christian identity is determined by our participation in the faith community. At Bethlehem, youth ministry is focused on discovering what life in this community is like and how we, as a community, relate to the world around us. Our hope is that youth will integrate their faith with daily living and begin a lifetime of discipleship. Together we will worship, ponder, love and serve the Lord.
Elementary Youth Ministry
- TWEENS - Grades 4-6: Meets Wednesday afternoons with various fun and faith building activities
- Summer Camp: At Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp
- Vacation Bible School - The first week of Auguest every summer.
Middle School Youth Ministry
- Youth Fellowship Sunday Evenings at 5:00 PM
High School Youth Ministry
- Youth Fellowship Sunday Evenings at 6:00 PM (the first Sunday of every month is Get Off The Hill youth dinner at 5:00 PM)
- Biblical Burritos - Every week during school alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 AM at LAHS (check here for the schedule in the bulletin)